The EP is their first US release since 2011’s Money and Celebrity. The EP was recorded during their set at the Open Air Gampel festival by Swiss Radio and Television.
The Subways first appeared in 2005 when the then teenage trio released their debut album Young for Eternity and the single ‘Rock & Roll Queen’. They followed it with the Butch Vig-produced 2008 effort All or Nothing. The album was written during a trying time with bandmates Billy Lunn and Charlotte Cooper in the midst of a break-up and Lunn was fighting to save his voice after having nodules removed from his vocal chords.
The band’s 2011 effort Money and Celebrity was influenced by just that; celebrity culture and reckless spending.
The Subways have plans to return to the US for a tour in spring 2016.
1. Good Times (Studio Version)
2. Good Times (Live with SFR at Open Air Gampel)
3. We Get Around (Live with SFR at Open Air Gampel)
4. Taking All The Blame (Live with SFR at Open Air Gampel)
5. Rock & Roll Queen (Live with SFR at Open Air Gampel)